If you plan to use content from this site, be sure to read the Terms & Conditions.
- "Top This"
- Join Email Loop
- Terms & Conditions
You can send the WebMaster any type of message or attachment;
however, if you are submitting news, photos, stories, or roster updates
we recommend that you visit the applicable tab above.
- See News to contact the News Editor with suggestions for our Membership news services.
- Under Roster, learn about updating Member Profiles.
- We encourage sumissions of photos, recordings and other media.
See Photos/Media to learn more.
- See "Top This" to share a story about the Golden Knights.
- Learn how to join the Email Communication Loop.
- Learn how to use information, images and other content
Other Suggestions for Information to Share with Us:
- Questions and Comments
- Links to Other Web-Based Resources
- Historical Information about the Golden Knights and/or Jumping
Send Us News About the Following:
Please include your:
Name and Phone #
at the top of the message
- Alumni Members and their Families
- The Golden Knights
- Other Groups That Promote Skydiving
- Events in the World of Skydiving (Civilian or Military)
- Related Groups (Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, etc)
- Cultural and Educational Opportunities Related to Jumping
- Other Related Topics or Areas of Interest
Submissions May be Included in the Newsletter and/or Our Other Membership News Services
Updates to roster profiles are password-protected. Only a Team member
or family member of a deceased Team member should update a roster profile. Protect your information. Don't share your password.
For your convenience, the existing profile entries display in the update form. To update a profile:
- Open the Full Roster and find your name;
- Display your profile from the Full Roster [click on your name];
- Select "Update This Profile";
- Enter your email/password to access your profile;
- Edit or add information, as needed, then;
- Click "Update" in the upper right corner when you are ready to save your changes;
- or Click "Exit" in the upper left corner to cancel the update.
Updates if you are not a Team Member
Contact the WebMaster if you have information about, corrections to or questions regarding information in a Profile.
We're looking for photos, videos, recordings, news clippings and
other media that relate to the Golden Knights and/or sport parachuting.
Please feel free to email us any items that are in digital format.
If you have printed photos, memorabilia, videos or other media that you can share,
please contact us before mailing them.
Printed photos and other media that we accept in advance will be scanned and returned to you
(unless other arrangements are made).
For each item, please include as much information as you can: date, location, event, personnel, description, anecdotes ...
Hero Shot - If we don't already have one, please Submit a Hero Shot for your Roster profile.
Hero's Choice - Submit another personal shot that we can pair with the Hero Shot (your choice, civilian or military).
Team Album - From your personal archives, share photos/media about life as a Golden Knight.
Friends, Fans & Members:
Suggestions for Items to Share:
- Photos/Media about Team members competing, performing, practicing, at air shows, after hours, group shots ...
- Photos of emblems/patches, buckles, coins, prints, statues, and/or any items that commemorate the Golden Knights
- Copies of News Clippings, video/audio recordings, programs and brochures
- Historical Items about the Development of Sport Parachuting
- If you have information about or corrections to any item, please tell us the where, when, why and/or who, if you can.
We Appreciate Your Support
Please note that items you share may be displayed and distributed via the GKAA news services.
provided they respect your copyrights and include credits/bylines and/or reference the GKAA, as applicable.
- Anyone can submit a story. Friend, family, fan or foe.
- There are no length restrictions. Three sentences or three pages, it's up to you.
- If possible, include the names, dates and places where the events occurred.
- If you have to, omit details to protect the innocent (or was that the guilty).
- You must include your name and email address. Phone# is optional, but desirable.
Ideas/Suggestions for Topics
|Best/Worst Friend on the Team||After Hours or What Happened after you Left the DZ.|
|Best/Worst Moments Practicing/Performing/Competing||Equipment Malfunctions or Dicey Moments|
|Significant People You Met||Most Boring/Mundane Part of the Job|
|Challenges of Being or Knowing a Knight||Best Story about a Team Mate|
|Best/Worst Experience Out of the Country||Best/Worst Conditions that You Ever Jumped In|
|Scariest Moment (We Know You Weren't Scared Though)||Funny Stories|
|The Highs and the Lows||Supporting Staff (On or Off the Job)|
|How Sick Were You That Day? Hangover Stories||Misconceptions. What people don't know.|
|Best/Worst Travel Story||What you remember most...|
Join the Association's Email Communication Loop
The email loop is a message board that helps alumni easily communicate with other members.
Messages are distributed to everyone who joins the loop.
Personal information, including email address, is never released without your permission.
The WebMaster will notify you when your subscription is activated.
Many people deserve credit for the success of the Golden Knights Alumni Association. We extend our thanks to:
- The Board of Directors of the Golden Knights Alumni Association (past and present); and
- Our fellow Golden Knights and their families.
The number of people who have and will contribute to the success of this web site is too numerous to list; however, be assured that your efforts are sincerely appreciated. The list of contributers includes Golden Knights and their families, fans, affiliated civilian groups, friends and supporters (both inside and outside of the military), and many more.
A special "thank you" is directed to George Torrealba [D-1640] who has been the guiding force behind this website from its original inception and debut in 2003 through the newest release. This site would not exist without George's efforts to assemble a roster, collect historical information, photos and other media, oversee website development and manage the site. Your fellow Team mates appreciate your efforts, George.
Photo Credits: The following deserve recognition for taking the official team aerial and ground photos. The list is incomplete: 1960s- Joe Gonzales and Robert T. Turner; 1970s Paul Horn and Justin Schilling
The Golden Knights Alumni Association (GKAA) website is provided as a public service . Information on this website is collected for historical, educational and cultural purposes. Please observe the following rules and conditions for using this website:
- Information presented on the GKAA website may be distributed or copied.
- Some of the material, including but not limited to, historical content, visual/print media, and images is copyrighted. Any such materials remain the property of the copyright owner.
- When using content from this site, please reference either the copyright owner or the Golden Knights Alumni Association website as your source. Where applicable, include any credits/bylines that are associated with the text/media.
- Individuals and groups who share written, digital, or other media with the GKAA agree that their materials may be distributed or shared for historical, educational and/or cultural purposes. They also retain ownership of any copyrighted material, as applicable.
- Privacy Act Notice: Disclosure of any information by you to the GKAA is strictly voluntary. However, should you request information from the GKAA, provision of those materials may be delayed if you not provide the requested information.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- For site navigation purposes only, cookies are used in a limited manner. See the Notice about Cookies below.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.